Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Locked out-Again!!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Locked out-Again!!

This is the second time ACT! has locked me out of a database by asking for a "password."  I have NEVER used a password to access my databases.  

Is there an explanation for this?  What are my options?  I'm SERIOUSLY considering going to another program! 

Thanks in advance

Frustrated in NC

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rmedlinnc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Locked out-Again!!

This problem turned out to be quite a bit different than I was expecting.  The issue was that the syscommittab problem corrupted the database which made the database inaccessible.  The fix was to stop the SQL server,  move the database, restart the SQL server, run actdiag and delete the reference to the database, run the syscommittab fix and then install SQL 2008 R2 SP3.  I'm posting this information for the benefit of the next person that runs into this issue and finds that they can't even get into the database.  The error message when running actdiag was that the database was already open and couldn't be opened again.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

I suggest you contact your Act! Consultant who installed and set up your Act! system. He or she will be able to sort it out.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

I bought the program directly from ACT! and loaded it myself. Over 3 years ago.
Silver Super Contributor

Have you tried just pressing enter?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Tried hitting enter. No luck. What has me puzzled is that I had not even opened the ACT program in a week. Upon opening the program and trying to access the database, I get a message asking me to enter my user name and password. Never have used or needed a password. Is there an explanation for this that I'm missing?
Silver Super Contributor

When you add a second user to the database it starts requiring that the users log in.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Only user is me. Same on all databases.
Silver Super Contributor

The only other thing I've seen do it is when someone inadvertantly puts a password on their account.  Doesn't sound likely in this case so I don't know what might have caused it.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Thanks, Stan. Is there any way I can discover the "password?"
Silver Super Contributor

Swiftpage can get you back in your database and there are several ACCs that can get you back in your database.  I don't know if Swiftpage will do it for free.  They might or you can sign up for a support plan.  ACCs make a living by billing for their time so as a rule they won't do it for free.  There are some tools on the internet that you can purchase that will let you reset your password but none of them are free either.  It's possible that you don't actually have a password but that you are simply keying in the wrong username.  That might be worth a try.  I can reset your password but I don't do it for free.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com