Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lock Opportunity To A Company (Reposted because of a mis-spelling in the subject)

Bronze Contributor

Lock Opportunity To A Company (Reposted because of a mis-spelling in the subject)

Version 2010 (Beta)

I was working with Opportunities today, and as I added additional contacts to an opportunity, the company to which the opportunity was linked changed to the company of the added person if it comes first in the alphabet.  I do have the list view sorted by company if that makes any difference.

For example, I added an opportunity to Contact One in Company XYZ.  I saved the opportunity.  I then added  Contact Two in Company ABC.  The opportunity then changed association to Contact Two in Company ABC.  The opportunity is with a specific customer (or company) and should not change because of associating additional resources (people) to the opportunity.

I hope this was a clearer explanation of my problem.  Does anyone have an idea of a solution ... or even what it is I am asking?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Re: Lock Opportunity To A Company (Reposted because of a mis-spelling in the subject)

John,

You should have received the full version by now.  Please email the beta support address requesting the full version.

I am unable to reproduce the issue described, so it could either be resolved in the full version or I'm missing a step.  Once you receive the full version, please test again and let me know what happens.

Thanks,

Bronze Contributor

Re: Lock Opportunity To A Company (Reposted because of a mis-spelling in the subject)

Thanks for the reply.  What is the eMail address for Beta Support?
John Purdy

Please check your private messages.
Bronze Contributor

I have installed the released version and applied the hot fix; however, when contacts are added to a "saved" opportunity, the company that was linked changed to the company of the added person.

This also seems to be cinconsistent.  It just happened this evening once again.

John Purdy