Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lock Database

cmc

Lock Database

For some reason known only to Act!, the database now opens in locked mode.  Any hints on how to change back to unlocked as automatic rather than my having to manually unlock it every time it opens?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Lock Database

What version of ACT! - from Help | About?

Single user or networked?

Have you tried a database repair (backup first) as per this article in the ACT! knowledge Base - http://tinyurl.com/2bz3ba
Highlighted
cmc

ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1 - usually networked by away from network on weekend
and yes I did try database repair - no luck.
Thanks Mike

So, you have synchronisation set up?

If not, how are you operating off the network?
cmc

Hi Mike, we each have Act! loaded on our own computers, and sync when we are connected to the network - my database is CP, the server is Admin, others are named as necessary to identify them appropriately.  I will be interested to see if the "locked" feature returns to "unlocked" when I connect back to the network tomorrow. 
regards - Carmel

Are you an admin in the database?
Does it give an error message telling you that it's locked?
What's the exact error?
cmc

yes, I am an admin.  There is no error message.  When I open the database, at the top of the screen it says: Act! by Sage CP (Locked).  I can then thru maintenance "unlock' the database.  If I forget to 'unlock', then when I close I get a message saying the database is locked and am given a choice to unlock, or leave locked.  This only started to happen yesterday morning.
Regards
Carmel

Do you know if there was a database design change on the server last time you sync'd?

Did you run all the repair options and rebuild options in ACTDIAG?
cmc

No, I do not know if there was a database design change - will check tomorrow. Yes, I did everything I could thru ACTDIAG. 
Regards - Carmel

I've not heard of it happening before, so can only guess something happened with the last sync.

Just in case, you might want to back up both copies before your next sync