Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Location of Act Database Files

Location of Act Database Files

My main computer is in for repairs and I need to send out a marketing message via ACT.  I have a backup hard drive but when I look in the Documents/ACT folder there are folders, but no content.  Where are my act files if they are not here?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Location of Act Database Files

[ Edited ]

I did a search and have been going through my backup files directory by directory.  Nothing on both counts.  I keep finding empty ACT directories.  Would there be a reason that my external backup hard drive wouldn't copy an ACT file?  I did have them password protected in ACT, but I wouldn't think that would prevent them from being copied.  Everything else got copied?!?

I'll have my computer back in a day or so, but i was hoping to send out marketing e-mails between now and then.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Much depends on how you copied the files to the backup drive. In most cases a regular file copy won't copy the ACT! database files because the files are held open by the SQL server. The best way to backup the ACT! database files is to use the ACT! scheduler to make the backup Zip file and that file can be copied anywhere.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks so much.  That explains alot.  I'll set up the scheduler once I get my computer home.