02-22-2012 07:43 AM
I am looking to clean up my database of contacts in Sage Act! 2012. What is the easiest way to create a list of my contacts that are not currently in a group? Possibly export that list to excel? If that isn't possible, any recommendations?
Thank for the help!
02-22-2012 08:26 AM - edited 02-22-2012 08:27 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. There is an add-on you can purchase that includes a lookup of "groupless" contacts. Here is the link: http://www.actaddons.com/products/2005/lookup_group.asp
There is also a method you can use in ACT!, although it may be cumbersome if you have a lot of Groups. You will first need to create a new Contact field which you can name "Group Membership". Then, go to the Group detail view and for each Group:
- Highlight the first group in the tree, then click the Contacts tab for that group
- Right-click under that tab and select Create Lookup - you will get a contact list of the group members
- On the main menu, go to Edit > Replace Field
- Select the Group Membership field you created earlier, then type "Y" or "Yes" for the value. This will put that value in that field for all contacts in the lookup.
- Repeat this process for all Groups - so now all contacts that belong to a Group should have "Y" or "Yes" in that Group Membership field
- When done, do a lookup on that "Group Membership" field, using "Does Not Contain Data" as your parameter. The resulting list will be all the contacts you did not put the Yes value in, which should be all non-Group members
Hope this makes sense.
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
02-22-2012 09:10 AM
This may be a better variation: Create a new group then add the members of each group to that new temparary group. After you complete that do the create lookup and use the Edit | Replace to mark the group field. After you finish cleaning up the database you can delete the temporary group.