Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Loading DB into earlier version

Loading DB into earlier version

Can you load a database from Act 2009 V11 into Act 2004 V6.03?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Loading DB into earlier version

No. There is an exporter the ACT! version it exports to is ACT! 6, However the cost of the exporter would be more than the upgrade to ACT! 16. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

You should be able to do a flat file export to an Excel file, but that will not give you the history and notes. 

You should then be able to import into 2004. 

If you need history or notes, they you will need to copy and paste one at a time.  I do not belive you can run 2 versions of ACT at the same time unless you have virutalization running. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Super Contributor

You can run the Classic Act! v6 (2004) at the same time as the newer v7 (2205) onwards. Act! v7 was a complete rewrite in SQL.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

I was thinking of runing Act 4 on a different computer so there would be no conflicts. But if I am unable to get my history and notes transferred, then all is lost on that issue. Only reason I wouldlike to do that is I find that running presently Act 2009 V11 is sometimes a chore. Runs kind of clunky as if there is not enough memory. I have 8GB in my laptop but it seems noi to be enough sometimes. Between the Svc host files, Act, sql server and running 4 to 6 tabs on my browser, the available  memory keeps depleating which I then have to do a reboot and sart over to regain that memory.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Your performance problems are most likely related to your hard drive speed. As a laptop, it's most likely a 5400 RPM harddrive. Significant performance improvement with the ACT! program can be seen with a 7200 RPM hard drive or an SSD.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks, that makes sense. Next computer will definitely have a faster drive. I am just waiting for MS to put out the new OS. Probably next year.