Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking yes/no fields to drop down fields

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Linking yes/no fields to drop down fields

Hi, apologies in advance if this is a duplicate post. I had a good look around but only found one related thread which didn't quite cover my issue.

If possible, I'd like to link individual values within a drop-down menu to a group of yes/no fields.

So, let's say the drop-down list referring to a contact or company contains the values: "Clearance Level 1", "Clearance Level 2" and "Clearance Level 3" and there are yes/no fields labeled with specific permissions that each of those clearance levels allows; "access to this...", "access to that..." and so on.

Is there a way to (or an add-on that can) check or uncheck the desired selection of yes/no fields when a specific option from the drop-down field is chosen?

Ideally, when 'Clearance Level 1' is selected, for example, I'd like the yes/no boxes that don't apply to the selection to be physically unable to be checked unless a higher clearance is selected for that individual contact or company in which case they can be checked or unchecked at will.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JakeGSG
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JakeGSG
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Linking yes/no fields to drop down fields

That worked perfectly for the grouping and linking. Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful response.

Now that I've linked all the check boxes is there any way to essentially deactivate a checkbox so that when it is not checked, it can't be checked. Failing that, is there any way to just lock checkboxes outright?

Re: Linking yes/no fields to drop down fields

Depending on how the add-on writes to them, you might be able to just mark them as read-only ... usually the SDK can still write to them, but you might check with Gilles from Exponenciel