Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking address for outlook with a subject line.

Linking address for outlook with a subject line.

Is there a way to link email through Microsoft Outlook to a contact in ACT through a subject line?   We are an attorney's office and are not using ACT for "Customer" contact, rather "Client" contact and emails pertaining to a subject line (Client's name).  We have all the client's in the database but as we send emails would like to attached the emails on the client's we are referencing.  Is this possible??  Thank you!  

Bronze Contributor

Re: Linking address for outlook with a subject line.

Good morning Idelora.

I am not an engineer, but do like to find unique ways to use ACT.

What came across my mind first was the use of Opportunities, which are a seperate table linked to a single or multiple contacts.  Generally, opportunities are used for to track a sales opportunity, but they could also be used to track a subject and multiple contcacts can be related.

On the other hand, if you want to attach eMails to multiple contacts, you should see in the Add On tab in Outlook the ability to attach the eMail in to an ACT contact.  When the dialogue box pops up you should be able to attach the eMail to one or more contacts.

Another way to do this is click on the saved eMail in ACT and then click on the 3 dots to the right of "Share With" and attach to the client company.  If several companies are involved, you could create a group and attach to the group.

I'm not sure if this answered your question.  I also use an add-on program called eMailConnectPro that allows me to attach eMail manually to any profile.  I find it extremely useful not only for attaching eMails but also for creating bulk eMails.

Hope this helped.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013