Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking Outlook read receipts to contact history

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Linking Outlook read receipts to contact history

Using ACT 2010 V12.... and Outlook 2007.

I am using Outlook rules to link email messages to ACT contacts and this generally works fine.  However, when I receive a read receipt to an email I have sent out, I am not able to link it to the message.  The Outlook rule appears to have run (I have the category flag turned on by the rule and it shows that the rule ran against it successfully), however the email (rad receipt)  does not show up in the contact history.  I cannot manually link it to the contact as the ACT buttons are greyed out for read receipts.

Is Act linking the original email and the read receipt in the back ground somewhere?  If so where does it show me that the email was read?  If not - then why can't I get it to show up in the contact history.

This only seems to be an issue with Read Receipts (at least that is the only place I have seen this)

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kenwiens
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Linking Outlook read receipts to contact history

The Read Receipts are handled differently by Outlook and do not appear as a viable email to the Act! interface, so they will not attach.  At this time, the only work-around we have is to forward that Read Receipt to yourself so that it is then considered a 'normal' email and can be attached manually (because the forwarded copy will have your email address in the From field).

If you'd like to submit this as a feature request, it can be done through the Share Your Ideas forum.  Once submitted, other community members will have the opportunity to comment and give kudos. 

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author kenwiens
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Linking Outlook read receipts to contact history

The Read Receipts are handled differently by Outlook and do not appear as a viable email to the Act! interface, so they will not attach.  At this time, the only work-around we have is to forward that Read Receipt to yourself so that it is then considered a 'normal' email and can be attached manually (because the forwarded copy will have your email address in the From field).

If you'd like to submit this as a feature request, it can be done through the Share Your Ideas forum.  Once submitted, other community members will have the opportunity to comment and give kudos. 

Greg Martin
Sage