Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking Groups to Contacts

Linking Groups to Contacts

Hi,

I noticed on Sage Pro that you are able to link the companies to to your contacts once you created the company in the company portion of act. I was wondering if it is possible to creat a group in the group portion of act and have an option to link them to a contact. - For example, if i am in a contact, I am able to click on a box in the company field and link them to a company i have created and then it highlights the company blue. I would like to create a feild that does the same thing but links them to a group. Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how would i create act to do that?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Linking Groups to Contacts

Hello Ipsstaffing,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

The linking function is only available with Companies, not with Groups.
Greg Martin
Sage

Add/Remove Opportunities

Thanks Greg!

Can you also help me with this as well, I am learning how to create opportunities and I would like to add more than one. When I click on Add/Remove, does that only allow me one opportunity to add or can I have several? When I click on the opportunity it takes me to the add/remove page. Would you be able to assist me from here? That is if I am able to add more opportunities.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Add/Remove Opportunities

It sounds like you are working with 2 different areas of the program:

1. Creating a new Opportunity

2. Add/Remove Opportunities associated with a contact

Here is some basic information that may help answer your question:

When creating an Opportunity, it will only create a single opportunity - it won't create multiples.  However, while in the Opportunity Detail screen, you can click the 'Duplicate Opportunity' icon to create a second opportunity.  You would need to connect the new opportunity to the contact(s).

The Add/Remove option on the Opportunities tab within the Contact Detail screen is for connecting a contact with 1 or more opportunities.  You can connect as many opportunities as desired, there isn't a limit.

Does that help?

Greg Martin
Sage