02-04-2010 01:52 PM
I am having trouble linking ACT created documents to the history tab, it used to work on the old computer but now that i just installed it again, it is not working.
02-05-2010 12:23 PM
Maybe I should expand on the problem i am having, whenever I used to use the "write" feature of ACT, it would ask me to save the communication in ACT, and i would have the option to save the linked file as well.
I am no longer getting that option anymore.
I Just did a clean re install.
Using Windows XP
WIndows Office 2007,
Hopefully we can get this figured out.
02-11-2010 07:47 AM
Can you provide some additional information:
- Which Word Processor program are you using? Is it Act! Word Processor or Microsoft Word - you can tell by going to Tools > Preferences > Communication tab.
- Which Ant-Virus/Firewall software are you using?
If you are using MS Word, test these steps:
- open a document in MS Word outside of Act
- look at the Add-in's menu icon
- look for Act! > click on it
- select 'Attach to Act!'
Does this complete successfully or do you get an error message? If an error, what is the error.
Try disabling your Anti-Virus/Firewall software - it can block the communication between programs.