Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking 14,000 contacts to Company records.

Copper Contributor

Linking 14,000 contacts to Company records.

I have a client with an ACT! 2009 database consisting of 25,000 contacts. From the contact data, he wants me to create Company records and link the contacts. There will be about 14,000 Company records created. I can create the 14,000 Company records by exporting data from the Contact records and importing the data into new Company records. However, the only way I can find to link the contact records to the company records is by clicking on the button to the right of the Company field in contact records. Is there a faster way to link 14,000 contacts to companies? Thanks.

\Richard Dernberger

ddernberger@jcscomputer.com

Copper Contributor

Re: Linking 14,000 contacts to Company records.

Hi ,

we can't do it Directly but we can use an add-on to do that

visit this webite :

http://www.123-addons.com/

Copper Contributor

Thank you, but it looks like this addon creates Company records for all contacts in the database. I need more control over the process, like selecting from contacts in a list view.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Richard,

See if the Company Wizard add-on will do what you are looking for.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

Mr. Dernberger, if you are reading this, please call me. I had a server crash with ACT and need your help.

Pat Parrott (The Parrott Team of Rochester Hills MI)

[Edit: Removed phone number. Please convey personal information via Private Message]

Copper Contributor

I believe you can create a lookup first then use the addon, only applying to the lookup.  So if you can identify which contacts you want to use to create companies from you can use one of the company creater addons