Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Linkedin & Web Info

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Linkedin & Web Info

I upgraded to v20 Premium Web and continue to have the same issue with the Social Updates tab. Especially with LinkedIn. Facebook seems to work. When I first sign on to ACT! then go to view the contact's LinkedIn profile, it works.  For any subsequent contacts I view, the contact name doesn't populate. I'll get a list of people with that person's first name or I'll get the cute little UH OH box LinkedIn provides.  Or, it will take FOREVER to show the profile - if it ever comes up - like minutes.  

For me, it is still a highly annoying issue.

Susan 

As I mentioned in my thread, I'm using version 18. Also, per other comments in this thread, I updated the LinkedIn URL, so that the Web Info tab would work properly. Which it is, now. However, the Social Updates tab still doesn't work . . . for any contact in my database.

Administrator

I've dug into this issue a little bit, so hopefully I can provide some useful information.

We do have an open defect around the LinkedIn page on the Social Updates tab currently - namely that there seems to be an intermittent issue where the page doesn't refresh (showing you the previous contact instead of the new one) when navigating between contacts.

I can't replicate getting the "Uh oh" page, except in one situation - when the Contact contains only a surname (you can click the ellipsis button next to the contact field to view how the name is being 'broken down' into first-name, middle -name, surname etc).

Does this track with your experience, or are you finding the Uh Oh page occurring even when the contact should be properly valid?

Copper Elite Contributor

I've captured a screenshot for you.

If I have a list of active contacts and I scroll from contact to contact with the Social Updates tab open, I will generally see the first contact populate LinkedIn properly.  The next and subsequent contacts do not populate. Either I get the uh oh screen or Linked In "list" of contacts that have no similarity to the current contact.  

Along the same lines, If I type the current contact's name into the LinkedIn Search Box, it takes FOREVER to come up, if at all. 

I've also noticed that at times, LinkedIn doesn't populate the current contact, instead, it populates a list of contacts with the same first name. When I select one of those contacts, it takes FOREVER to populate. If I go to another contact, or to contact list and then another contact, I still have the last contact's LinkedIn profile trying to load.  Eventually, it times out. 

I hope this makes sense.

Copper Contributor

Thank you all for continuing to look into this.  It is the most frustrating thing about ACT.  I can deal with pretty much every other aspect for what I do.    Same as the others are saying, upon opening ACT, the first one or two profiles pull up fairly quickly, the rest take minutes.  Here is a picture of what the properties information shows when you right click on the incomplete profile while ACT is trying to bring up the LinkedIn Profile.  You can see that it is still searching.  In this example, I opened the properties tab about 1 minute after hitting social update tab.

If this issue got solved I would recommend ACT to the world!

Social Media tab after 1 min.JPG

Copper Contributor

Doesn't work for me on Linked in  2013 pro 

Greg

Copper Contributor

This link doesn't work today ether for linked in

greg

Administrator

What errors are you getting there, activeman? Is the page failing to load, are you getting a blank screen?

Copper Contributor

Item 414 not found