Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Linkedin & Web Info

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Linkedin & Web Info

This is sad and a showstopper.  I'm shopping for new software. 

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi spsearch,

Does the page load properly in IE when you click Open Browser, or do you also get the same error?

Please could you also try clearing IE Cookies and Cache. Do this from the Gear icon > Safety > Delete browsing history. Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.

Do you have any other PCs running Act that you can test the update with? We're unable to replicate the error you're seeing. The social updates tab correctly shows the LinkedIn search results here.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Gary,

I get the same results.  Pulls up the first contact fine, then crawls.  I just deleted browsing history, cookies, as you asked previously.  

Here are pics of what I get.

Linkedin Fail 1.JPGLinkedin Fail 2.JPGLinkedin Fail 3.JPG

The third picture comes from bringing up a third contact, clicking on LinkedIn, seeing nothing, then switching to FB.  Once you hit FB, you cannot switch back to LinkedIn.

I am now forced to look for new software.  It is very sad that ACT! has seemed to fail it's users with Outlook issues and this.  It used to work well and met my needs.  Thank you for all your help and efforts.  I hope this gets resolved before I have to move on, but this decision is already in the works.

DBR

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

I am seeing long search waits and the act contact info is not being passed to search.  For example, I look up a company that has 5 contacts, the first does have a linkedin profile but I'm not connected.  the last 4 contacts have LinkedIn profiles.  The first contact search works auto, I click next and the 2nd contact's profile appears, on the 3rd, the social update search doesn't return value, if you click the tab refresh, the circle wait icon appears for a few minutes, then it returns the previous contact.  I have to manually type in the contacts name in the search to bring up it's profile.

Tamara Phillips
New Ideas Consulting Inc/Keystroke Partner
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Also, when I click the view in browser (edge), it display previous contact, just like it does in the social tab.

Tamara Phillips
New Ideas Consulting Inc/Keystroke Partner
Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Thanks all who have posted this feedback.

I'm not personally able to replicate these reported issues, but have requested that further testing be done to this area of the software to identify any further defects.

It would be interesting to know if those who are seeing continued issues are also experiencing the same issues when using the Web Info tab with the following Link added:

Non-UK databases:

https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/people/?firstName={First Name}&lastName={Last Name}&origin=SEO_SN

UK Databases:

https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/people/?firstName={First Name}&lastName={Surname}&origin=SEO_SN

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

This was not the link I had so I'll report back.
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

This URL doesn't make any difference.Even before this URL change, I noted that the Web Info tab for LinkedIn is not populating the contact name as it should.
Highlighted
Administrator

Are you using the URL with {Surname} near the end? If you are try, {Last Name}. I posted the URLs in the wrong order by mistake.