Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LinkedIn Tab Does Nothing When Clicked

LinkedIn Tab Does Nothing When Clicked

The LinkedIn tab does nothing when clicked. The Facebook tab works fine, but I can't get the LinkedIn tab to go there at all once Facebook has been clicked unless I close and re-open the software. When I re-open the software it opens LinkedIn by default, but when I scroll to the next contact it doesn't attempt to to find the contact or do anything by show the contact information from the first contact upon opening. Anyone know what the issue may be? 

Administrator

Re: LinkedIn Tab Does Nothing When Clicked

Which version of Act! are you using? And what version of Windows?

Are you getting an error page, or a blank screen when clicking into the LinkedIn tab?

You could try going to the Web Info tab, and seeing if you're able to choose LinkedIn from there.

Hi there! Thanks for responding. I am using

Windows 10 Home

Act! Pro Version 20.0.159.0, Update 7
English (United States)
Swiftpage ACT! LLC

Well, I can't get to the LinkedIn tab because it's stuck on Facebook. By default it opens LinkedIn tab, but as soon as I click away from it it doesn't activate anymore. It's not working on the Web Info tabs either. In the WebInfo window I have set up a custom google search for LinkedIn and it pulls up the data but you can't click on anything - it's like the a portion of the bottom window (button & browser) aren't functioning. 

I have gotten an error that says "Oops it not you, it's Me'" a couple times, but most of the time it loads a search when I open the program and then after I click on Facebook nothing shows. And if I scroll to the next contact it may pull one more search, but then after that it just shows the same name and contact and never changing no matter what contact I'm looking at. 

Any ideas? Thank you very much for your help!!! 

Highlighted

Now I am getting 3 errors, which is new but may lead to figuring out the problem. ActError2.jpg

Administrator

Hi TVJamie,

We are currently tracking a couple of issues with the linkedIn tab that have cropped up recently - one of which includes the tab using up increasing amounts of the programs allocated memory and then crashing with the error messages you've seen (Out of memory at Line 1) - this tends to occur when navigating between contacts with the linkedIn tab open.

Our developer team are looking into this as we speak, and hopefully we'll have a fix released soon. Thanks for your patience, I'll update this thread if we have more information on this defect.

Ok, but besides that.... the main issue is that once Facebook has been selected the LinkedIn tab doesn't go to LinkedIn at all - it's like the button doesn't work. How can I get around that? Can I go back to a previous update? I'm on Act! Pro Version 20.0.159.0, Update 7 Thank you!!!!

Administrator

Hmm, OK. I'm not able to replicate that behaviour so I guess it's a separate issue to the defect I mentioned.

I'd recommend opening another database, either use the Demo database that comes with Act, or just create a new blank one. Then test the issue in there.

Also, try logging in as other users if you can. If we can pinpoint the situation that causes the linkedIn button to fail, we should be able to find a resolution!