Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linked contacts

Linked contacts

I a newbie, thanks for bearing with me..

I am following the HELP directions in linking contacts to a company. When I look to see if the contact is linked, I find that it is not, but IS a member of the company. I then select the contact from within the Contact Detail window. I select the company from the company field within the contact window. At this point the Company name shows as a blue hyperlink (?) within the company field. I then save and return to the Company Detail window, select Add/Remove contacts to see if the contact is linked to the company. It is not. I then sync and refresh. Again, I check Add/Remove contacts from the Company Detail view and I still don't see that the contact is LINKED via the Linked contacts field within the Add/Remove window. What am I doing wrong? If I LINK a contact, that contact should appear as such within the ADD/Remove Contacts window, correct? This seems to be an issue with only certain Company Details, not everyone. I do have contacts within other company detail windows that do show as linked, and their company fields show the blue hyperlink. Why would some contacts NOT be linked if I've done all the above?

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Linked contacts

Hello Dab1477,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

When you have 'linked' a contact to a Company using the Company field, you will see the contact listed in the 'Contacts' tab for the Company.  When you select 'Add/Remove Contacts' you should see the contact name listed in the 'Linked Contacts' field (just below the 'Contacts' field and above the 'Dynamic members' section), but you will not see the name in the right hand side column when you have then selected the 'Contacts' button.  The window with the right and left hand columns is for manually selecting/linking contacts, since you have used the Linking through the Company name you have bypassed this process.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Linked contacts

Thanks for the response. As a point of clarification, I want all contacts to be linked to the company. If I open Add/Remove contacts, should I not see all linked contacts within the Linked Contacts portion of the Add/Remove Contacts window?

My issue is that I want all contacts from a single company to be "linked". I have multiple contacts, added by other users, that are not linked, but show as contacts to the Company. When I open the unlinked contact from the Company Detail window and attempt to link via selecting the company from the Company field (it highlights blue) of the Contact, it does not show up under their Linked Contacts section of the Add/Remove Contacts window. This occurs even after I sync! I assume it is not linked.

Maybe my question should be: "How do I link an current unlinked contact from within the Company Detail". Thanks for you help so far.