Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linked Fields Between Contacts and Companies

Copper Super Contributor

Linked Fields Between Contacts and Companies

Is there a quick way of retrospectively going back to update fields that are linked between contact and company.
eg we have only recently tweaked a few fields to be linked and would like to go through the DB and ensure that all values in both company and contact fields that are linked are updated automatically
Current behaviour is this only does this when you create a new contact from a company, or change a value that is linked - at which point it asks if you want to update?
Thanks in advance

Andy Kent
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

Re: Linked Fields Between Contacts and Companies

You can update linked contacts by going to either the Company Detail or Company List view, Companies menu > Update Linked Contacts.  This can only be done on one company at a time.

Copper Super Contributor

I understand this - what I need to do is go BACK from a contact to a company

So I need to be able to update linked fields where the values are in a contact record not in a company

Will what you describe achieve this or would it override the values in the contact record with the blank values in the company record?

Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

It will overwrite the contact's information.  There currently isn't a way to transfer contact fields to companies.  The only workaround that I can think of is to create company from contact to transfer the information.   This will of course require you to reassign contacts to the new company.