Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Link Word Documents to ACT automatically

Link Word Documents to ACT automatically

When I write a letter to a contact in ACT using the "Write Letter to Contact" feature, ACT does not note that I wrote a letter to the contact, and it does not automatically link the letter back to the contact. Is there any way of doing this automatically, or do I always have to go back in and manually link these? Thanks!

Re: Link Word Documents to ACT automatically

Unfortunatly no. The only way would be to either print and selecting the option to record history or saving the document and using Attach to ACT! from the ACT! menu.

What do you mean by "print and selecting the option to record history ?" It sounds like that's really what I'm looking for as I usually print the letters.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Part of the integration with Word is that when write a letter using a template, then print the document, a dialog box will appear asking if you would like to record the document in history. Is the dialog box not appearing when you print?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

No, the dialog box had not been appearing. Now in working with it the dialog bx will occasionally appear after I click print 3-4 times. It never comes up on the first try. I have tried using Ctrl-P, I've tried fclicking Office->Print, but nothing. I'm running Word 2007.

If that would come up immediately, this would be the prefect solution.
Copper Elite Contributor

If you are running XP Pro you should take a look at KB# 22316

or even KB# 13745

I don't believe either of those apply. I ran the batrch file linked to KB 22316, but that didn't solve the problem (and the save to history dialog does occasionally pop up). KB13745 implies the database is corrupt but thats not the issue either. When I do get the dialog box, it does successfully record the history.

So why am I not being prompted immediately to save to history?