Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Limiting Company information with Sync

Limiting Company information with Sync

I'm in the process of setting up a Sync for our sales force with ACT 2009.  Is it possible to only allow specific sales people to see specific companies\contacts.

Example:  Salesperson A can only see company info for A-M and Salesperson B can only see company info for N-Z.

I realize you perform the sync based on Contact information but I'd really like to be able to limit the company information also so both Salespeople can't see the company information for A-Z.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Limiting Company information with Sync

It sounds like you may need to set up Limited Access on your Companies themselves, and possibly the Contacts also.

When creating a 'Sync Set' for a remote, you can specify that only Contacts with the criteria for field "Company name begins with 'a'" will sync, but you can't control the Companies List.  For information about setting up Security on your Companies and Contacts, visit this link:

Security Levels in Act!

Note: If you make a contact 'Private', only the Record Manager will be able to see that contact (Administrators will not be able to view the Private contacts for another Record Manager).  If you need specific users and administrators to see Contacts or Companies, you can create Teams and set the access level to 'Limited Access'.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

Is limited access available in standard?

Good catch!  Limited Access is not available in the Standard version - I was thinking of Premium. 
Greg Martin
Sage

With limited access will all salespeople still see all of the original 6000 companies or just the ones that we provide access for them?

If you are using Premium - and Limited Access is available -  all of the Companies will be listed - but the ones they do not have access to will be 'Grayed Out' and un-selectable.
Greg Martin
Sage