Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Limiting Amount of Activities When Syncing

Tuned Listener

Limiting Amount of Activities When Syncing

Is there a setting(s) in ACT! 11 to limit the amount of tasks / activities from being synced.  I use Hand Held Contact on an iPhone 4S.  The amount of information uploaded kept crashing the program on the iPhone.  ACT was running up over 1400 activities.  Hand Held Contact said I need to get tasks down to under 700.  I set the Hand Held Contact feature to the lowest setting - uploading tasks for 1 month (down from 1 year), and I still am pushing up 1200 activities.  I see that reoccuring events get synced as well.  I have tasks for "to dos" on my iPhone as far ahead as June of 2015. 

Basic question:  How can I adjust Act so it will only send just thoses task for next month, and not task for months and years ahead?   Thnaks, Jack

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Limiting Amount of Activities When Syncing

A recurring activity should one be seen as one activity ... no matter how many times it reoccurs.

Have you tried just sending the activity types you need? Even creating custom types to make that easier.

Also, in the Activities | advanced - make sure you "Exclude CLEARED activities"
Bronze Super Contributor

It's generally also a good idea to limit how far out you go with recurring activities when you set them up, depending upon the frequency.

A year or two at most should probably be included in the list of "best practices".

Tuned Listener

Thank you for the input.  My reoccuring activities are less than 2 years out.  I can't seem to find the button to "excluded COMPLETED tasks"?  I have been looking for that setting in Tools / Preferences / Calendar & Scheduling / Scheduling Preferences.

Tuned Listener

Thank you Mike.   Yes,  I go right to that area.  These are my current settings: 

Scheduled: With/For / by me

Starting: 1 week ago

Ending: 1 month from now

Types: To-Do (only choice selected)

I just did a physical inventory of the To-Dos appearing on my calendar for the next month and I tally 99 items.  I am not sure why ACT / HHC wants to population HHC app with 1200 + To-Dos reaching out into June of 2015?  Jack

Tuned Listener

I am getting the 1200 figure from the a. HHC desktop program, b. HHC iPhone app and c. The folks at HHC confirmed that.  They haven't been able to offer suggestions to limit that number (other than what I have done).  I did a physical count of all my to-dos for the next month and I came up with 99.  I haven't determined why HHC wants to sync so much future information.  Thanks, Jack

Do the activities show up once or multiple times in the ACT! task list or contact activity tab?

Are they for one contact / user or more?
Tuned Listener

Thanks Mike,

Some activities will show up multiple times in the ACT! task list and some don't.  I haven't found any common denominator why that happens.  As I look at the task list, this is what is showing up on HHC.  For example, I have 15 to-dos scheduled Saturday July 21.  These 6 of these to-dos show up in the next future interval date on the task list (which could be 8 months, 1 year or 18 months). 

I know when I went to the task list just now, it was set to today.  When I changed it to "today and future", the tally at the bottom of the screen is exactly what HHC is uploading.  Not sure why HHC doesn't limited based on my Activities settings in HHC.  Is there a way to restrict what I want HHC to sync by controlling it in ACT!?  Jack