Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Limit on Remote Databases

Tuned Listener

Limit on Remote Databases

Is there a limit on how many remote databases I can create?

Silver Contributor

Re: Limit on Remote Databases

Not that I know of.  Why do you ask?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

I already have one remote database created. But we are trying to utilize our ACT! set up better.

The main database is currently on a laptop. We have another remote database on another laptop.

Ideallly, I want to move the main database to a stationary computer, have the one remote database stay the same, and then create a new remote database on the laptop that had the old main database on it.

Any thoughts on to if this will make things more efficient/how difficult this is to do?

Silver Contributor

IT is feasable to do as you describe. Move the database before you create the syncs, its easier.  When you asked about the number of remotes, I was thinking hundreds, so you are well within the capacity.

I"ve sent you a personal note as well, Check the mail envelope at the top of the screen.,

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello jordanc12,

If you need to move tyour Publisher (main) database to another machine and retain the sync with your current remote database, then please see the instructions in KB Article 19817.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.