Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Licensing question

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Licensing question

I have Act Premium 9 for Workgroups installed on my home machine and have had nothing but trouble with it.  Every other time I try to open the database I get an error message that the database could not be found.  Several months ago I bought a new lap top and purchased Act 10 with the new machine.  I've installed it on my machine at work as well.  It runs great. 

My question is if I upgrade to Act 11 - 2009 can I install it on my machine at work, at home and the laptop with just one license?

I've been using Act since its first windows version and have loved it (except for the the version mentioned above).  I am the only user but I do work on 3 machines.  (I realize that I probably wouldn't be able to transfer contacts from the Premium version to the new standard version.)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author johnwj
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Licensing question

This is an extract from the EULA (End User Licensing Agreement) that you have agreed to on installing the ACT! software. It speaks for itself and I believe it is quite reasonable in recognising the need for a single user to often have multiple machines...

This Agreement permits you to:

(a) use the Software: (i) on a single primary computer; and (ii) on a secondary computer that may be either your home computer or a portable computer that you own or use in your business or profession;
(b) make one copy of the Software for archival purposes, or copy the software onto the hard disk of your computer and retain the original for archival purposes;
(c) use the Software via a local area network, provided that you have purchased a licenced copy of the Software for each active named user who can access the Software over that network; and
(d) after written notice to Sage Software, deliver the Software and assign your licence to another person or entity, provided that you retain no copies of the Software and the assignee agrees to the terms of this Agreement.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author johnwj
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

This is an extract from the EULA (End User Licensing Agreement) that you have agreed to on installing the ACT! software. It speaks for itself and I believe it is quite reasonable in recognising the need for a single user to often have multiple machines...

This Agreement permits you to:

(a) use the Software: (i) on a single primary computer; and (ii) on a secondary computer that may be either your home computer or a portable computer that you own or use in your business or profession;
(b) make one copy of the Software for archival purposes, or copy the software onto the hard disk of your computer and retain the original for archival purposes;
(c) use the Software via a local area network, provided that you have purchased a licenced copy of the Software for each active named user who can access the Software over that network; and
(d) after written notice to Sage Software, deliver the Software and assign your licence to another person or entity, provided that you retain no copies of the Software and the assignee agrees to the terms of this Agreement.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to revoke a license on a computer?

Here's my example... I've just received my personal copy of ACT! 11 (Standard) that I want to install on my work machine until our purchase orders for multiple copies for the office go through... Can I register my personal copy of ACT! 11 (Standard) on my work machine, then revoke that license once the others show up and have my personal license again free for use?

My office's purchase order process is s-l-o-w.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

ACT! 2013 Premium; Microsoft Office 2010

Yes, you can go to Help > Register ACT! to remove your personal serial number.