Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Licensing Question

Licensing Question

[ Edited ]

A client of mine has accepted a proposal to upgrade their computer systems. As such, I'll be reinstalling Sage act! Pro 2013. Do I need to be worried about the license key being "burned" in the initial setup process? In other words, they're not going to have to buy a new key just because they're upgrading, are they?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Bronze Contributor

Re: Licensing Question

Since you be re-installing on a new computer, you will have to enter the serial number.  I hope your client has kept the SN.

Please make a backup using the ACT backup before you start.

Good luck, and I hope this helped.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

We do have the SN. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a "burn" number. Example: each time the SN is entered a counter (somewhere/somehow) counts down the number of times it has been used. For us, 3 strikes and you're out; have to buy a new SN for 3--which would make me all the more frustrated. Smiley Happy

Platinum Elite Contributor

It's three activation per license, For example one license, three activations, Five licenses, 15 activations. Even then it only blocks activation via internet, you would have to call for activation.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

Having changed computer several times myself, I have found ACT to be very accommodating.  (I haven't had to do since Swiftpage bought them, but I suspect they will help).

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit