Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Library not registered error

Library not registered error

I have a computer with Act 2006 which has just started to exhibit the following symptoms.

From the main Act application when clicking on the mail button on the toolbar, or when selecting the email option under the Write menu, or when clicking an email address from a contact, a window appears with a mail merge in progress and then an error windows pops up with the error message Library not registered.

I have the latest updates for Act 2006. I have tried re-installing both Office XP Standard and Act 2006. All Windows updates are current. The computer is using the Act email program and not Outlook, but switching to Outlook does not fix the error. There are no error messages in event viewer relevant to the problem that I am having and I do not know of any log files that are produced by Act.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have totally run out of ideas.

Re: Library not registered error

[ Edited ]
I have found that if I change the Word Processor from Microsoft Word to the Act Word Processsor, I am able to click on an email address and it will open the email application and start a new email to the address that was clicked. However, when the Word Processor option is changed in Preferences to Microsoft Word, I get the "Library not registered" error message when clicking on an email address from within the main Act application.

Message Edited by gork on 03-02-2008 03:03 PM
Copper Elite Contributor

First thing to try is open word, do Help->Detect and Repair (you will need your office cd), if that fails you need to uninstall act, then office, then reinstall office, and finally act (the order DOES matter)
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.

[ Edited ]
Thank you very much for the suggestions. I tried doing the detect and repair from the Help menu in Office, but the error still occurred. I then tried removing first Act and then Microsoft Office. I then rebooted the computer and tried to clean up and much of the left over files I could find and went through the registry to remove any extra entries still remaining. I then did the install of Microsoft Office and did a reboot. I tested to make sure that Office was working and then did the install for Act and rebooted once it was finished. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. Any other ideas?

Message Edited by gork on 03-03-2008 08:37 AM

Does anyone have any other possible solutions for this problem.

Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor