Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Letter to History ACT 11.1 & Office 2007

New Member
Posts: 12
Country: United States

Letter to History ACT 11.1 & Office 2007

Hello,

 

I am having a problem with letters getting recorded to history.  After I print a letter I get a dialog box that offers the option to record the letter to history about 20% of the time.  The remaining 80% the of the time nothing happens. I have tried the patch, but no luck.  Does the Microsoft XPS Doc writer play a roll? 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks,

 

Jim

Moderator
Posts: 4,395
Country: USA

Re: Letter to History ACT 11.1 & Office 2007

Hello Jim,

 

How are you printing the letters that aren't prompting to record history?  The only time it will prompt to record history is if you run a new letter for the contact.

New Member
Posts: 12
Country: United States

Re: Letter to History ACT 11.1 & Office 2007

I am printing a new letter.  I may have found the problem though. When I use word 2007 print menu from word I get 2 printer drivers that look different, but are for the same printer. They both have the usal printer properties page print options ect. in some instances after selecting the OK box for both I get the ACT driver that will ask if I want to save to history. This only happens around 20% of the time though.

 

What I have just discovered is that if I use Ctrl P,  I will get just the one HP print driver and then the ACT save to history driver with no problem. I have checket in my control pannel/Printer folder and there is only one HP print driver there, so I am not sure why it is that when I try to print a letter that used mail merge from word that I get two HP print drivers. The workaround I guess would be to just use Ctrl P, but I would also like to know why I get two drivers and how fo correct this issue. The only time I get two drivers is when mail merge has been used.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks for your help,

 

JIm