Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Left Message Report

Left Message Report

Using: ACT! by Sage 2006 Version 8.0.2.82

Trying to run a report that gives me totals of the number of messages I left.

---
Am also interested in how to create an entire new report using data from a custom drop down list in the last Last Results field.

My big issue is the left message report though.
thanks in advance.
gv
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Left Message Report

actusergv wrote:
Using: ACT! by Sage 2006 Version 8.0.2.82

Trying to run a report that gives me totals of the number of messages I left.

What report are you using for that? The History Summary Classic report can be modified to provide the Called - Left Message information if that's what you mean..
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

[ Edited ]
I have used the history summary classic report but I have no clue as to how to modify the report.
Would you help me with that please?
thanks,
gv

Message Edited by actusergv on 04-10-2008 08:34 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

actusergv wrote:
I have used the history summary classic report but I have no clue as to how to modify the report.
Would you help me with that please?

The History Summary Classic report employs complex scripting to develop the information displayed, including passing information from the subreport to the main body of the report. That makes the report difficult to understand how to modify the report. I sell a package of custom reports and the package includes two version of the History Summary Classic, both of which include a total for Called Left Message.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

gv-

I couldn't find this information anywhere on here either so I had to work it out for myself.  I'm using ACT 2008, so I don't know if it is any different for your 2006, but here's what I did:

I opened up the History Summary Classic report in the Report Designer. By default, it has four totals it keeps track of: Attempted Calls, Completed Calls, Meetings Held, and Letters Sent. I was just interested in tracking calls, so I wanted to change the last two columns to Calls Received and Left Message.

This report does involve some scripting, but it isn't complicated at all if you're just modifying the report. There are three sets of fields that create the count totals in this report: colA - D, which runs behind the scenes calculating the totals, totalColA - D, which displays the totals at the end of the report, and cntColumnA - D, which displays the individual results by contact in the subreport.

These results are run by scripts in both the main part of the report and in the subreport. You shouldn't have to modify the main script, but you will need to edit one in the subreport. Once you open the subreport, open up the Detail section. There is an invisible field in there called Result which looks for History Type Results and calculates the totals of the columns based on the script. Right-click in the Detail section and choose Edit Report Scripts. You should see this displayed:

If Result = "Call Attempted" Then
  cntColumnA.Text = cntColumnA.Text + 1
Endif
If Result = "Call Completed" Then
  cntColumnB.Text = cntColumnB.Text + 1
Endif
If Result = "Meeting Held" Then
  cntColumnC.Text = cntColumnC.Text + 1
Endif
If Result = "Letter Sent" Then
  cntColumnD.Text = cntColumnD.Text + 1
Endif

This shows what the Result field will do when it finds the listed history types. So all I did was change "Meeting Held" to "Call Received" and "Letter Sent" to "Call Left Message". This is the History Type name as it appears in the database, so this will work for any other history type as well.

Once you make the change, minimize the Detail section and return to the main report. Then just change your column headers to say what you want and you are done.

Hope this helps!

tjvis

This works perfectly for 2006.

TYVM.

Read your post less than 20 minutes ago and got the report changed and completed.

perfect

thanks.

gv

Getting really weird totals now...

45: Calls attempted --- number should be around 70

38: Calls completed --- number should be around 15

42: Calls left message --- number should be around 20

21: Calls received --- should be 11

Total:   45 38 42 21

I did not receive 21 calls yesterday.  Pretty much all of the totals are wrong.Any suggestions?gv

Tuned Listener

I see that this message was posted back in May but it relates exactly to the problem I am having now.  I edited the report scripts in the subreport to look for the results I wanted to see in the report and I also changed my labels.  However, when I cross-reference the report with what's in the database, I notice that I am missing information.  For instance, on one contact, there were two different history results (both of which I want displayed in the report), however, the report only counted one result type and not the other.  What am I missing?  Also, there are many blank spaces throughout the report.  I filtered for all contacts, all users, current month.  When I do that, the report prints like two or three contacts on each page leaving the rest of the page blank.  Any help on this is appreciated.

Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Please check your private messages, upper right corner of the screen.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129