Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Layouts

Layouts

I created a database with a specific layout and saved it. When I open a different database and wish to use the same layout it does not appear as an option. How do I get the new database to utilize the already customized layout?

Thank you!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Layouts

Your database will have a Layouts folder in the "<dbname>-database files" folder.  Copy your layout into that folder (for the other database) and you should then see it in your drop-down list.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Platinum Super Contributor

Note: If you created new fields in the original database and added them to the layout, those fields will not be accessible in the new database when the layout is copied (unless you created them in the new database also). 

Greg Martin
Sage

I am not sure what the problem is. I go to Tools, then Design Layout. I complete an extensive design, save it as a .cly file and close. It does not show up as a layout anywhere, and the only way I can find it is by going back into design layouts and it shows up as a layout there. But is otherwise unavailable.

Please help!

This is a New Database that I am trying to create. Nothing has been merged in yet.

Copper Elite Contributor

Which version of Act! are you using?

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1

R reread the instructions for creating and saving a new layout as provided by ACT and it seems to me I have done everything correctly. So I am stumped.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello jgrabe,
You may be saving the new layout in the wrong location. Make sure you are saving it in the Layouts file for that particular database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.