Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Layout of database and moving to new host computer--new fields

Tuned Listener

Layout of database and moving to new host computer--new fields

I am the admin on my laptop for 2011 premium, i have added new fields and design layout changes.  We are getting our own server and need to move my database.  Will the fields be saved in back up prior to moving over and also the layout?   Then will we are all set to go -- will i be able to still work off my installed act even though moved database till we get set up completely?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Layout of database and moving to new host computer--new fields

Using the Backup function (File > Backup > Database) will include all of your custom fields and layouts (along with attachments and templates).
When you Restore on the new computer (File > Restore > Database > Restore As), the original database will still be on the original computer. Remember that any changes you make to the original database will not be included in the restored copy (unless you create another backup and restore it).
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

So I I make changes now, back it up and then restore it on new computer, the changes will be there??

Platinum Super Contributor

That is correct. The backup will contain all information within the database at the moment the backup was created.
Greg Martin
Sage