Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Layout and/or tab sizes

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Layout and/or tab sizes

I don't know if I'm using the correct terminology to describe the layout designer.  My problem is this I need a larger area in which to place fields. 

I have increased the resolution on my computer to 1280 x 1024 from 1024 x 768.  However, if I go to the "property" window for any of the tabs, and scroll down to the layout section, then down to the size, ACT will not let me change the size in the width and height boxes. 

Can anyone out there tell me how to make the grid/tab/layout larger so that I can have a greater number of fields displayed?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Layout and/or tab sizes

When you first open the layout in the designer, if you don't click anything else, you will see along the right hand side of the layout, about midway down, a white selection handle - a little box.  If you click and drag that as far as you can to the right on the screen, you should be able to resize the width as much as your screen real estate will allow.

As far as the height part, between the tabbed area at the bottom and the main detail pain there is a white divider bar just above the row of tabs.  If you click in that thin strip between the two, the tabbed area should now become highlighted and again your selection handle appears.  Click it and drag down as far as you want to give your detail pane more space.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

When you first open the layout in the designer, if you don't click anything else, you will see along the right hand side of the layout, about midway down, a white selection handle - a little box.  If you click and drag that as far as you can to the right on the screen, you should be able to resize the width as much as your screen real estate will allow.

As far as the height part, between the tabbed area at the bottom and the main detail pain there is a white divider bar just above the row of tabs.  If you click in that thin strip between the two, the tabbed area should now become highlighted and again your selection handle appears.  Click it and drag down as far as you want to give your detail pane more space.

Dear Mr. Schaffernoth:

Thank you very very much.  It worked!   I am not sure I have ever noticed those little white handles before.  You have made my day. 

Sincerely yours,

S Rawstron

PS  Sage really needs to put that in a help file somewhere, and it certainly needs to be in every "how to" book written.

Tuned Listener

The solution above worked for the width of the area at the bottom, but I cannot see or "find" the handle for the height above the tabbed area. Any suggestions?