Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Launching ACT! 2012 - How do you get rid of the signon screen that says "We cannot access your Sage Conneced Services Account...." ?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Launching ACT! 2012 - How do you get rid of the signon screen that says "We cannot access your Sage Conneced Services Account...." ?

It depends on which preferences are deleted.

If the issue is resolved by deleting the 'swiftpage' preferences through ACTDiag, the other preferences will not be reset.

If you have to delete the actual preference files, it will reset the colors and fonts.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Launching ACT! 2012 - How do you get rid of the signon screen that says "We cannot access your Sage Conneced Services Account...." ?

KB 28457 instructs:

• Click the Windows® Start button and either select Run or go the Search box on the Start menu. Type in %appdata% and press the Enter button.
  • In the AppData window, open the ACT! and then the ACT! Data folder.
  • Locate and delete the Preferences folder and all PreferencesBAK* files.

I presume this will delete all preferences and I will lose my colors/fonts.  To me it involves a trade-off in annoyances. 

Platinum Super Contributor

I just reread the steps and see what you are referring to. Yes, the steps you have listed will delete the color/font preferences.

Try skipping those steps and just use the ACTdiag steps (5 through 10).
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

Didn't work. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Launching ACT! 2012 - How do you get rid of the signon screen that says "We cannot access your Sage Connected Services Account...." ?

Thanks Stephen!

Best and simplest answer for Act2012 on, took a minute to do, no loss of preferences etc.

I must have inadvertently checked something when I first looked at e-marketing last year, but only started getting the 'Can't access....' message at logon a couple of weeks ago. More of an annoyance than anything, although getting a loud Boink message as I am logging on does give me an involuntary moment of panic about the state of your datadase!! Even though it is backed up every night!!