Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Last (action) fields

Last (action) fields

I have been reading about how ACT updates the Last Attempt (etc) fields when the item is 'cleared', and they are 'system' fields.

We have noticed that if you create a new History item (as opposed to scheduling one for later), as when someone drops by, , it duly records the Last (date).

However, if you notice that you incorrectly picked the item type and subsequently edit the history item to 'Meeting' from 'Phone Call' say, the Last Meeting date does not update.

It seems that the only path to have the system record those 'Last' fields correctly is when the dialog is in 'Create' mode.

If in 'Edit' mode, it fails to update those fields.

What we'll have to do is add 4 user fields for the 'Last' fields and update them manually when editing the history record.

Any other solution come to mind?

.Q

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Last (action) fields

Why are you having to edit the History type? Is it something you are needing to do often?

The obvious choice, if it's rare, is to delete the incorrect History and create a new one

The user in question apparently has this happen often enough for him to ask me to investigate.

To me, the 1-2-3 would be to make certain of that type-field before you 'click the button', knowing that the 'create' function works correctly.  I've also suggested the delete/redo option...

I guess I was hoping for a 'we recognize that's a problem' answer, or a less tedious workaround.

Thanks anyhow.

Cheers,

.Q

p.s.  I neglected to mention the importance of having these fields accurate:

we do a weekly export of the Contact data, which includes these 'Last' fields.

I then wrote a routine to import that data and relfect it using an MSFlexGrid control.

We can then see the previous 52 weeks back from (today), with an indicator of those 'Last' fields.

We know how long it's been since we've called through a particular region, to facilitate the sales trips.

If the boss thinks Salesman A hasn't made any calls for 6 weeks, it may be because those dates do not accurately reflect the true activity.

We'll have to use the 4 user fields as a double-entry? workaround until the dialog that allows editing of a history item will update those fields when the item type changes, as it does on Create.

Cheers,

.Q

Platinum Elite Contributor

What version are you using including any hotfixes? There was a recent bug that wasd later fixed.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129