Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Larger Fonts - Not DPI Allowed By ACT

Copper Contributor

Larger Fonts - Not DPI Allowed By ACT

Like many people I have moved to a larger monitor and have no problems using MS's "Medium" sized fonts with any program EXCEPT ACT. ACT's preferences files become corrupted making the ACT calendar unusable. In my conversation with tech support they pointed out the using the “Large” font setting would cause this. After I pointed out that I was using the “Medium” size I ran into an attitude problem. Basically the gist of it was well you should only use the small font setting and if you don’t you will continue to have this issue. I wrote down the fairly simple steps so that I won’t have to “bother” tech support for being stupid and wanting to utilize the functionally of the larger monitor. This is an issue that should be addressed by ACT.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Larger Fonts - Not DPI Allowed By ACT

Any font size larger than the small size (96 dpi) will cause problems with corrupting preferences. Because the larger font sizes are really just a backdoor way to change the screen resolution, consider lowering the screen resolution. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I checked and the resolution settings for the monitor is the recommended setting (1920X1080) by the manufacturer (Dell) for the 24 inch monitor.
Platinum Elite Contributor

The recommended is simply the highest resolution available. There are lower resolutions that will be compatible with that maximum resolution. I've had to reduce mine to 1280 X 720 but I thing you would find that 1600 X 900 would work and should be the equvalent of using the medium fonts. Give it a try.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Will do.