Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Labels - Setting number of labels in column?

Copper Contributor

Labels - Setting number of labels in column?

I have an option to set how many labels across when creating a label template, but:

No page dimensions 

No Vertical Number

--This is leaving my template to print TWO LABELS per page.  (it should be 2 horizontal, 4 vertical on an 8 1/2 by 12.5 page)

In editing other pre-existing labels, there is no option to set the vertical number of labels or page dimensions either.

Then horizontal width is not shrinking.  So if I have:

Contact

Mail Addr1

Mail Addr2

Mail Addr3

City,                                          State                                     Zip 

It doesn't shrink the city, state or zip down so they end up with massive spaces between them 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Labels - Setting number of labels in column?

Closing up the city, state and zip requires use of a custom field and an expression like FCity1&", "&FState1&"  "&FZIPCode1

Because you are using a page size other than 8 1/2 X 11, you would need to edit the template XML code the get that page size. Personally I would do the template as a report to have more flexibility but even that would required editing the template XML code. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

What about the vertical number of labels? 

Unlike Microsoft Word, Act's templates are not very intuitive.  Would be nice to have the WYSIWYG aspect as I'm making changes so I could just specify 2 labels wide by 4 labels high, specify page size and drag and drop with an intuitive editor. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

The vertical number of labels is derived from the top page margin + the sum of the label height and the vertical spacing between labels + the bottom page margin.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129