Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Labels: How to Edit Addressee

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Labels: How to Edit Addressee

In ACT! 2006 I am trying to print address labels for holiday cards.  My contacts are individuals, but for the purpose of sending cards I often want to change the addressee on the label from John Jones to The Jones Family, or John and Jane Jones or John Jones and Jane Smith (if one member of a couple didn't change their name).  The group is fairly small so I would like to set up the labels and then edit each addressee name (but I do not want to change the names in the database, just the labels). 

Could I create the labels and export them to a word or text document that still maintains the label dimensions, so I can edit there and print directly from that sheet of labels?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author abdavis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Labels: How to Edit Addressee

In this situation we usually set up a custom field in ACT called "Joint Salutation" and then enter the information you described right into it for each contact.  You have to modify your labels slightly so that they grab the joint salutation field rather than the contact field.  Almost any time we have a client that deals with households and snail mail we set up that custom field...it works very well.  If you don't have a household then either fill in the "joint salutation" field for each contact or run 2 label prints...one for the joint salutations and one for those with no joint salutations.

Alternatively you should be able to export your contact lists to Excel then make the changes you describe and then use that Excel file for the input for your label merge.  

Either way works.

John Tytus
Prescience, LLC
Cincinnati, OH
www.iprescience.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author abdavis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

In this situation we usually set up a custom field in ACT called "Joint Salutation" and then enter the information you described right into it for each contact.  You have to modify your labels slightly so that they grab the joint salutation field rather than the contact field.  Almost any time we have a client that deals with households and snail mail we set up that custom field...it works very well.  If you don't have a household then either fill in the "joint salutation" field for each contact or run 2 label prints...one for the joint salutations and one for those with no joint salutations.

Alternatively you should be able to export your contact lists to Excel then make the changes you describe and then use that Excel file for the input for your label merge.  

Either way works.

John Tytus
Prescience, LLC
Cincinnati, OH
www.iprescience.com

Thank you so much!  I have my labels printed up nice now.