Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Label template: When a field is 'can shrunken' there is still a very slight spacing problem

Copper Contributor

Label template: When a field is 'can shrunken' there is still a very slight spacing problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have been making a label template and everything is going swimmingly. I have 'can shrink' set on all fields so when an address has one more field than another, the empty field is collapsed. However, even when the field is collapsed, when I preview the label there is a very slight gap where the collapsed field would be. It's not a massive problem but it's one of those niggling (want it to be perfect) probelms that I'm trying to iron out as it just looks like sloppy spacing.

Any help would be appreciated. My initial thought is that even a shrunken field must take up 0.01 space. Might this be right?

Thanks 

Act Version: 12.0.409.0

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Label template: When a field is 'can shrunken' there is still a very slight spacing problem

I haven't tested the shrinking of a field to see if there is a 'placeholder' left behind, but here is an article with instructions for removing blank spaces with the use of a Custom field: KB Article 14331

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Label template: When a field is 'can shrunken' there is still a very slight spacing problem

Your problem is field height and field spacing. The field height must be in proper proportion to the point size of the type font and the field spacing must not overlap but must be touching to get proper Can Shrink spacing.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thank you for the responses. I will read through both resources and see if they help. Thanks again.