Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LIBRARY NOT REGISTERED

LIBRARY NOT REGISTERED

I use Act 2009 / Version 11.1 with Windows XP.  I also use Office XP Standard.   My problem is that whenever I try to merge a document using a template, Word opens up but has not merged the template with the contact.  It is completely blank.  If I try to edit the templates I get the following error message:  Library not registered.  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800 280 1D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).    I have repaired Word and I have done a integrity check and reindexed in Act.

I previously had a problem with Word 2007 continually trying to make me register. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: LIBRARY NOT REGISTERED

Hello fremer,

This issue can be due to having a previous installation of Office 2007 on your machine. Please see KB Article 21040 for a possible solution.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

My original post of Oct. 17th is printed below.  I followed all of the suggestions in your KB Article 21040.  Everthing worked except for the area where I was supposed to navigate to C\windows\assembly.   None of the items related to microsoft.office.interopt.word or microsoft 2007 items. 

I have figured out that if I have Word already open when I merge with a template that it will work and merge.  I still have the same original error message if I try to edit a template.  ( I uninstalled Act and xp office and reinstalled them al per the article above)

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

(I use Act 2009 / Version 11.1 with Windows XP.  I also use Office XP Standard.   My problem is that whenever I try to merge a document using a template, Word opens up but has not merged the template with the contact.  It is completely blank.  If I try to edit the templates I get the following error message:  Library not registered.  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800 280 1D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).    I have repaired Word and I have done a integrity check and reindexed in Act.

I previously had a problem with Word 2007 continually trying to make me register. 

Any help would be appreciated.)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Try the process in KB 23311 to register the redemption.dll file

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Dear Greig, 

I followed the instructions in KB 23311 to register the redemption.dll file.   It was registered succesfully without doing anything special.  I still have the same problems.   I have to have one copy of Word open in order to have a template merge correctly.   I also still receive the same error message about my library not being registered.

Do you have any other  suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill Fremer

I Still need help with this problem.   Does anyone have any additional suggestions to fix this problem?  

Thanks,

Wm. Fremer