01-23-2009 10:43 AM
01-27-2009 09:13 AM
Sometimes opening a layout in the layout designer when the DPI is set over 96 can corrupt the layout. You may need to reopen it in the designer after the DPI has been changed back to 96 and manually correct the field sizes. If this proves to be to cumbersome, then you can recover a copy of your layout file (before it was exploded) from a recent backup of your database:
- Have all users close ACT! on their machines
- Locate a recent backup (.zip file) of your database that was made prior to the layout exploding
- Create a new folder on your desktop and call ActBackupExtract
- Right-click on the file and choose to Extract All...extract to the folder you just created
- Open the ActBackupExtract folder and then open the Attachments folder in there
- You should see the .CLY file.....this is your contact layout file
- Rename the damaged layout file that is currently in the the Attachments folder for your database, then copy and paste the file from the backup to replace it
- Open the layout in ACT!
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.