Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 interrupting Application Sync

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 interrupting Application Sync

I have a desktop and a laptop computer running two installations of Sage Act! Pro 2011. My laptop is setup so that I can sync it up with whatever is being stored on the desktop. Recently I have been getting the following error on my laptop when trying to preform an application sync, "ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled in the main database and that Network sync service is running..."

After troubleshooting it, I discovered that after pausing protection on Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 on the desktop, application sync will function properly and the laptop is then getting the correct info from the desktop. I also tried adding the exceptions in Kaspersky as detailed in this KB article:http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24718 and it is still not working.

Any ideas on what could be going on?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 interrupting Application Sync

Hello draia2012,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Try changing the sync port to 65101, 65200 or any other active port in the private port range. You will need to change this in Connection Information for all remote databases as well, and make sure you add that new port as an exception in Kaspersky.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I attempted that using multiple ports between the range of 65101 to 65200 with the same result. The only confirmed time that it will start working is when Kaspersky is disabledd on the desktop (server) side.

Are there any other exceptions that need to be made that aren't covered in the Knowledge Base?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Here are the exceptions use:

Program:
ACT! Program directory - ActSage.exe,
Microsoft SQL Server program directory: MSSQL10_##.ACT7\MSSQL\Binn

Ports:
TCP Sync port being used
Default SQL Server port: TCP 1433
Default SQL Server port: UDP 1434
Dynamic SQL Server port: found in ACT! Diagnostics. Open ACT! Diagnostics, go to Server > Server Security

If adding these does not help, then see if Kaspersky has logs you can look at to see what is being blocked.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.