Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Jumbled print on weekly calendar

Jumbled print on weekly calendar

Not just weekly but all print templates from address books to envelopes.  When they are printed out the format of dates, activities and everything else is either too large, overlapping and just unreadable.  This problem can be viewed in when the PREVIEW is enabled.  Already deleted preferences diag and also changed my properties icon under compatibility tab.  Any ideas?

Administrator

Re: Jumbled print on weekly calendar

What version of Act! and Windows are you using?
Do you have any display zoom settings enabled?
Copper Contributor

Sounds like DPI problem.  Fiddle with your DPI settings.  Try smaller DPI.

Check this KB

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26349/kw/dpi

Tom Koller - ACT Guy - 414-303-3359

Consulting, Training, Trouble-Shooting...  The whole deal.

Windows 10, Act! Pro Version 17.2.217.0,  Already tried changing display settings but made things worse.  Actually found article about changing the compatibility in icon properties by checking display scaling and that cleaned up the tabs and program font issues but the print outs are still jumbled.

Actually changed display settings with compatibility turned both off and on and tried several display settings to no avail.  The print out fonts are all whacked.  Any other ideas.  Have had ACT since the beginning and just purchased v17 for $179 from v2012 to have an updated copy.  Big waste of money and can't seem to fix problem.  Looking to other software solutions as viable option but would hate to leave something I know.

Are there any editors that can work on xsl files?  Or 3rd party solutions as a less than optimal option?

Windows 10 Pro 

Administrator

We haven't seen this behaviour before.
Are any of the templates custom?
Do you have any issues printing from other applications (Word, Internet Explorer etc.)
Does the issue occur if you print to file (.xps or .pdf)?

Would you be willing to include a screenshot of the issue you are seeing, either public or via PM?

No custom templates.  Using Weekly Plain A4 Full Page (L) (2col).

No problem printing from other applications i.e.(word, exel, snag it, etc)

I've uploaded the PDF and Screen Shot to my dropbox account

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq11bcho21gxvc4/2015-11-10_14-48-33%20ACT%20PRINT%20PROBLEM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6ylph4j06bd2mk/Plain%20A4%20Full%20Page%20%28L%29%20%282%20COL%29.pdf?dl=...

Administrator

[ Edited ]

We've tested using Windows 10 and Act! v17.2 and cannot replicate this issue. It seems to be specific to your environment.

I've included a PDF of our results.

It would be very interesting to find out what is causing this though, please update us if you discover it.

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same issue.  Also using Windows 10 and Act 17.1.  Fonts are also screwed up in many of the screen views.  

img-Z09085315-0001.jpg

Good Luck, they claim it must be something in my brand new Lenovo windows 10 computer.  The only difference I see in the ACT team test is they are running act 17.2.  After over 15 years with ACT i've finally found another solution and have said goodbye