Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Itouch, yahoo and ACT

Itouch, yahoo and ACT

I'm new to this forum and also to ACT. Small home business. I would like to use my Itouch, which can syn with outlook, my yahoo mail account and ACT. Has any one tried this combination, or have any info? Pro or Con?

Thanks,

Robin

Re: Itouch, yahoo and ACT

Is Itouch the iPod Touch?  ACT! will not interact directly with the Itouch.  You can get an addon product to sync your ACT! contacts/calendar to Outlook.  Then use iTunes to sync your iPod with Outlook.

Thank you for the response.

When you suggested an addon so that ACT will work with outlook, I didn't realize that ACT can't, on it's own, interact with Outlook.

Can you share with me the name of the addon, so that ACT with work with Outlook?

Also, are there any plans to update ACT so that it is compatable with Itouch, and Iphone?

Thanks much for your response, and assistance,

Robin

ACT! can interact with Outlook, but not with syncing contacts.

Check out CompanionLink.  It will sync ACT! to the iPhone.

iTouch and ACT

I am considering the purchase of ACT 2010 as a contact manager and would like to sync with iTunes for my IPod Touch 3g. iTunes does not give sync to ACT as an option but gives Outlook. If I buy and use ACT, will I then need to update ACT, sync with Outlook 2007 first and then sync with iTunes/Iphone from Outlook? If so, how difficult is it to sync with Outlook. If this is an easy and fast process, this might work, however, I do not want to sync 2x but will buy ACT if I can sync my contacts directly to iTunes and bypass Outlook.

Mark Kolar

Mark Kolar
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: iTouch and ACT

There are no features built into the Act! program to synchronize contacts directly to Outlook or an iPod.  You can use the File > Export option within Act! to create a Text Delimited file that can then be imported into Outlook.  Visit this link for instructions on this process: Export Act! contacts to import into Outlook

I'm not aware of any add-on's available that will sync Act! directly to the iPod, but here is a link to our Add-on's page for your review: Add-on's 

Greg Martin
Sage