Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

It's about becoming an administrator for my own Internet.......

It's about becoming an administrator for my own Internet.......

Hi, guys, I know that I'm new on this website, but I have an important question to ask you all. In order to become an administrator for my own Internet, what kind of steps should I take before I know the password for my original username Cassie, so I can download kinds of software, such as the Adobe Flash Player, so I can get high quality to listen to WHPK on a new website, chicagoradiostationsonline.com? Thank you very much.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: It's about becoming an administrator for my own Internet.......

I would suggest that you do a google search for UAC or User Access Control. This is a Windows function since Vista and means that with the UAC running you aren't an administrator most of the time.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you, Roy, I'll do that immediately.Smiley Happy

Cassie

Roy, every time I keep clicking to make changes to become my own administrator, that thing keeps popping up.; what should I do?Smiley Sad

Your search should have provided information on how to modify the UAC setting or disable the UAC using the Windows Control Panel. Look for that information and try lowering  the UAC setting.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you.; I'll try that.Smiley Happy

Roy, every time I click User Account Control, the same thing keeps popping up, meaning that it says I need my permission to use it. Should I use this website's account password for my original Internet name in order to move forward? Thank you.

Hello, Roy, can you hear me? Every time I click User Account Control on the bottom left of my computer, it constantly pops up, meaning that it needs my permission to use it, so should I use this account password and then click, Yes, in order to move forward? Or should I do something else? Please answer my message to you.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I always use the Windows Control Panel to modify the UAC sedttings.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Well, what I'm referring to is every time I click the User Account Control, it constantly pops up, meaning that it needs my permission to continue before I start downloading things, clicking Yes to the question that's about making changes with my computer. The question is, should I use this website's account to make changes with my computer, before I click Yes? That's not a hard question to answer. Please answer my question ASAP. Thank you very much.