Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

It emails are synced, shouldn't a new contact be created in Act if it is new in Outlook??

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

It emails are synced, shouldn't a new contact be created in Act if it is new in Outlook??

Act! Pro Version 18.1.103.0, Update 2 - Version of Act! you are using (this can be found by clicking Help > About Act! on the Act! menu)

Microsoft Outlook 2010- If the issue involves Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word , Excel), state the version of Office you are using

Act Database is on a server but NOT shared- Is your database on your local machine (private database) or is it being shared from a server (shared database)?

Windows 7 - Operating system you have Act! installed on (i.e., Windows 7, Windows 8)

- As much detail regarding the question or issue as you can provide. This includes any error messages and the actions you took that lead to the error.

I was able to get my Act database and Outlook to sync through Act Integration so that when I want to send a new email,  I now have in the contact and email list "Act Address Book - "name of database" (which for me is EAV.)  So all of the email addresses are listed in the database.

However, I can't add a NEW email address to Act Address Book - EAV -- shouldn't I be able to add a new contact and email address in Outlook and have it be created in my Act database??

Thanks,

Mindy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mindy Belcher
‎09-13-2016 03:49 PM
Administrator

Re: It emails are synced, shouldn't a new contact be created in Act if it is new in Outlook??

[ Edited ]

Hi Mindy,

In your Outlook Synchronisation Preferences, do you have Synchronise Contacts set to 2-way sync? This will synchronise contacts in either direction (Act -> Outlook, Outlook -> Act).
After creating a contact in Outlook, did you re-sync with Act? You can do this from within Outlook by clicking the Sync Contacts with Act button. Alternatively, you can set up automatic scheduled synchronisation.

More info about the Outlook syncing feature can be found in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38155

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mindy Belcher
‎09-13-2016 03:49 PM
Administrator

Re: It emails are synced, shouldn't a new contact be created in Act if it is new in Outlook??

[ Edited ]

Hi Mindy,

In your Outlook Synchronisation Preferences, do you have Synchronise Contacts set to 2-way sync? This will synchronise contacts in either direction (Act -> Outlook, Outlook -> Act).
After creating a contact in Outlook, did you re-sync with Act? You can do this from within Outlook by clicking the Sync Contacts with Act button. Alternatively, you can set up automatic scheduled synchronisation.

More info about the Outlook syncing feature can be found in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38155