Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Issues with Surface Book display

Copper Contributor

Issues with Surface Book display

I am a very long time user of ACT since 1987, and love it.  I am a commercial real estate broker/developer and teacher.  I just purchased a new Surface Book, which is a phenomenal laptop.  It comes with Windows 10, and a display resolution of 3000 x 2000.  I have ACT 17.2. 

I got ACT to work fairly well on it, but my main complaints, which should be addressed are:  1)  many of the icons and word/commands over the note section are very small, and I'm unable to increase their size.  2) in the notes, and I'm a copious note taker, there doesn't seem to be a "word wrap" any longer, so after you say o.k. and the note is entered, you can't see the entire note, because it's off the screen;  3) when you hit the icon to insert a new note, the window that comes up is really small, and if you resize it, it doesn't stay that way the next time you try it...it keeps reverting back to being very small.  And the words like Contact, Date, Record, are all sliced in half horizontally, which is weird.    I think most if not all of these problems are associated with the new display, and we need a fix or patch to take care of these issues. 

I can't be the only one out here purchasing a new laptop, and they're all coming through with these new high resolution screens.  Thank you for reading and I look forward to receiving a fix for all of this.   All the best.  Carl

Re: Issues with Surface Book display

I use a Dell Venue tab with Pro 17.2 and I had the same issue, I took it out of tab mode and i think that solved the issue of the different size icons, letters, etc
Nickel Super Contributor

After making configuration changes, let us know if this worked correctly

Do not forget to make a Database backup periodically....

26.png

27.png

28.png

Good luck...

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Contributor

Thank you both...but I was already in tab mode...and I've already right clicked the ACT icon on the desktop and under Properties, I've clicked on the tab Compatibility, and checked off "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"....and all of this helped at the beginning, but it's still not what, in my opinion, it should be.  I think the software engineers at ACT should purchase a couple of these new laptops so they can see this 1st hand....