Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Issues with CSV imports

Issues with CSV imports

I am currently running ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0.  I have been importing data on a database for about 6 months without problems.  I import the data from an Excel.csv file.  The imports stopped working last week.  Everything appears normal on the wizard but the data does not import to the database when it used to.  I had a previous problem and was told to make sure sql server act 7 and sql server browser were running.  I checked services.msc and both are running.  I tried opening and closing act several times but no go.  It seems like there is a setting or something preventing import.  Any suggestions?
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Issues with CSV imports

Try importing the file into the Act! demo database.  Be sure to set everything up exactly the same way.

If it works, then there is something going on with your database.

Also, are you sure you have the merge rules set up correctly?  Often when things are not importing the way that you anticipate, it is because of duplicate and merge settings...

Re: Issues with CSV imports

OK I was able to import a CSV into the sample database.  I did not see a setting that allows imports.  What settings should I check?

I had a corrupt database in the past.  It was in a previous version of act.  It would lock up and not complete imports.  This database completes the import but none of the items are imported.

I just want to make sure I don't have something simple turned on or off on this database before I have to replace it.