Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Issues with ACT!Pro 2012 (windows 7/windows vista)

Issues with ACT!Pro 2012 (windows 7/windows vista)

Hello,

I used to use an older version of act, (act 6 I believe), and recently upgraded to act 2012.  I installed it on 2 machines, one running windows vista, the other on windows 7.  Both had issues upgrading the databases, but after trying to update the databases a second time, they updated successfully; however, the program randomly stops responding very frequently.  I downloaded the software originally from the internet, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling atleast twice.  The issue is recurring.  Has anyone else had this issue?  What else can I do to troubleshoot the issue / fix it?  Thanks.

Auriculotherapy Doc

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Issues with ACT!Pro 2012 (windows 7/windows vista)

What are you system specs, RAM, Hard Drive size and free space. The not responding typically is a system issue not an application issue.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I feel as though it may be an application issue.  The Windows 7 computer is brand new, an Asus tower, AMD Quad core processor, 8GB DDR3 ram, and a TB hard drive.  The Vista pc is a Core2Duo, 4GB DDR2 ram, and probably 300+gigs of free space on the hard drive.  Both PCs have the issues, and I've checked the system memory usage while running the programs and it seems pretty normal.  I also try not to run any programs at the same time.

Platinum Elite Contributor

The Not Responding in Windows means that the application didn't respond to the lowest priority interrupt that the operating system makes. Any application has the ability to block that level interrupt for a period of time while it's performing a critical operation.

For what it's worth my main system has similar spec to your Windows 7 system with the exception that my processor is an Intel processor. I typically have multiple application open along with ACT! and I seldom see the Not Responding with the ACT! program, I'm more likely to see that with Windows Live Mail. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129