Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Issue syncing contacts between Outlook and Sage ACT! Premium 2013

New Member
Posts: 2
Country: Canada

Issue syncing contacts between Outlook and Sage ACT! Premium 2013

[ Edited ]
I have a new install of Sage Act! 2013.  I'm running Windows 7 and Outlook 2010.  I want to synch Act! contacts and calendar with Outlook and keep getting the same error below.  I have reinstalled Act!, have run Office repair and am still getting the same error.  Not sure if it matters but I save my Outlook pst files in a folder that is not on my c: drive, although it is local. 

 

When I synch my contacts, only about 1800 of 3000 are imported into Act!.

 

When I attempt to synch my calendar, the following is the error message that I get: 

 

Description:

Catastrophic fai lure (Exception from HRESULT: Ox8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

 

Exception & Source:

Interop.Redemption

 

Call Stack:

at Redemption.RDOMailClass.get_EntryID()
at Act.Outlook.Integration .Uti lity. <>c_ DisplayClass2. <GetOutlookAppointmentlist>b_ O( OutlookDataitem p)
at System. Linq. Enumerable. Wherelistlterator' 1. Move Next()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable' 1 source)
at Act.Outlook.lntegration.Uti lity.GetOutlookAppointment List(DateTime st.art, Date Time end, ProgressService progressService)
at Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.ActivitySynchronizer.SyncAllAppointments(IConfigurationService configurationService, Date Time start, Date Time end)

 

What do I need to do to fix these problems?  Help would be most appreciated!!

New Member
Posts: 2
Country: USA

Re: Issue syncing contacts between Outlook 2010 and Sage ACT! Pro 2013

I'm having the same problem.  I'm using Act Pro 2013, Outlook 2010 and Windows 7.  I'm receiving this error description:

 

Context:  During Activity addition to Outlook from Sage ACT!  Description:  Error in _HrGetIDsFromNames:  800706BA Exception:   Redemption.RDOAppointmentItem Source:  Redemption.RDOAppointmentItem

 

Context:  Synchronizing Activities   Description:  Error in _HrGetIDsFromNames: 800705BA  Exception:  Microsoft.Syncronization Source: Microsoft.Syncronization.

 

I was able to sync the calendars for a short time, then I started getting this error message. 

Platinum Super Contributor
Posts: 5,275
Country: USA

Re: Issue syncing contacts between Outlook 2010 and Sage ACT! Pro 2013

Hello Knishfish and Kmbrauer,

Since both or your issues refer to 'redemption', the following article may resolve the issues: KB Article 28356

 

Be sure to read the Note about steps to prevent creating duplicates.

Greg Martin
Sage
New Member
Posts: 2
Country: USA

Re: Issue syncing contacts between Outlook 2010 and Sage ACT! Pro 2013

I've tried that several times. It doesn't work.
Platinum Super Contributor
Posts: 5,275
Country: USA

Re: Issue syncing contacts between Outlook 2010 and Sage ACT! Pro 2013

Since it was working previously, your issue may be due to a specific activity (or activities).

You can test this by creating a new database, add a couple of test activities, set up sync with the new database and test. If successful, a damaged activity is most likely the culprit.

In your database:
Test by reducing the time frame of activities being synchronized. Tools > Synchronize with Outlook > Outlook Synchronization Preferences > Calendar tab. Click Advanced Preferences..., change to 1 day ago, and 7 days in future. Test the sync.

If the sync still fails, remove the activities one at a time within the time frame and test sync. I would concentrate on recurring activities first.

Greg Martin
Sage
New Member
Posts: 1
Country: USA

Re: Issue syncing contacts between Outlook and Sage ACT! Premium 2013

I have the same problem. It was working and stopped.  I am running ACT Pro 16.2.14.0 Hot Fix 5 with the version of Outlook that came with my MS Office Home and Business 2013.

 

Troubleshooting Steps:

 - I have tried repairing my database

 - I have changed the sync from 30 days to 5 days

 - I have upgraded ACT to the most current release.

 

I am getting a variety of error messages but the most recent one says "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

 

It is maddening because it was working about a week ago.

 

I am grateful for any guidance.