Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there an MS SQL server version that will speed up - Act! Pro Version 20.0.159.0, Update 9 -

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Is there an MS SQL server version that will speed up - Act! Pro Version 20.0.159.0, Update 9 -

I am running Act! Pro Version 20.0.159.0, Update 9.   Is it possible to use a faster sql server with this version of act?  I have about 29K contacts and it runs slow.  I re-index all the time, and I remove histories I don't need..  It still runs slow.

Thank you. 

My system has 16gb ram, The processor is an Sandybridge Icore 7.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tiesto
‎04-12-2019 10:45 AM

Re: Is there an MS SQL server version that will speed up - Act! Pro Version 20.0.159.0, Update 9 -

Thank you for all of your comments.  I found that the slowness I was experiencing was from too many tasks.  I have 29K contacts , 11K activities (tasks) and 10K custom activities(tasks).  When I delete or clear a customer activity the system would not respond and hang for 10 seconds and up to 60 seconds.  Now when I assign the same task to thousands of contacts, I am going to put them in a task group.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is there an MS SQL server version that will speed up - Act! Pro Version 20.0.159.0, Update 9 -

Yes but it costs. ACT! comes with the express version of MSSQL which is free. You can purchase the Standard version of MSSQL from Microsoft and it will work with ACT!
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

We made tests for a customer and found that in most cases SQL Standard will not be faster as express, only if you have very big databases, or if you have a high ammount of users accessing the data, then it may make sense to consider a SQL Standard

this link explains a bunch of things that may be considerd to make act faster. 

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Copper Super Contributor

I also tested this.  Went from Express to SQL Enterprise.  Zero difference in performance.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Unfortunately, Act! Pro can not be managed with SQL Server Standard - to achieve this you must upgrade to the Premium version

FIRMA.png
Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Nickel Elite Contributor

CLICK HERE

7.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Silver Contributor

Unless you have huge amounts of notes, activities etc etc 30K of records is not huge when it come to SQL Express.

Is this a stand alone database, on a server linked to workstations on a network or with syncing remotes?

A good general article is this one http://brendaralston.com/brendas-blog/is-your-act-database-running-s-l-o-w

There is also a list of exceptions for setup, this is out of date but can easily be adjusted for latest versions of ACT and is an easy guide to follow -

http://www.egenconsulting.com/act-firewall-and-port-settings/

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tiesto
‎04-12-2019 10:45 AM

Thank you for all of your comments.  I found that the slowness I was experiencing was from too many tasks.  I have 29K contacts , 11K activities (tasks) and 10K custom activities(tasks).  When I delete or clear a customer activity the system would not respond and hang for 10 seconds and up to 60 seconds.  Now when I assign the same task to thousands of contacts, I am going to put them in a task group.