Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way with ACT! 2010 to have cursor always blink in "Look For" box when contact list view is opened

Is there a way with ACT! 2010 to have cursor always blink in "Look For" box when contact list view is opened

Hi:

I primarily used ACT! 2007 to find records by typing in "last name" from the contact list view in response to phone calls and whenever I selected ACT! using Alt Tab, I would just start typing the last name and I would get the record. 

Now, with ACT! 2010  I have to go through the initial step of clicking in the "Look For" box before entering the last name.  Or, if I minimize ACT! in the contact list view, the cursor will come up in the "Look For" box when I next select ACT!.  Either way it is an extra step which becomes tedious because of the number of times I repeat this action.

I've looked in the preferences and can't find a way to make ACT! 2010 work like ACT! 2007 in this regard.  Is there a way?

Happ

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Is there a way with ACT! 2010 to have cursor always blink in "Look For" box when contact list view is opened

There have been changes due to the significant GUI changes in Act! 2010.

What you are looking for is not a configurable preference.