Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to view most recently accessed Contact records?

Copper Contributor

Is there a way to view most recently accessed Contact records?

I often find that I need a big BACK button to go back to a Contact I was working with eariler.

Examples:

• While working with Contact1 I need to look up another contact  then need to go back to Contact1
  • I remember that I need to tell a previous contact somethin.

Our very very old Godlmine had this feature. It would remember the previous 5 or so contacts.

Any way to do that in Act! 2010?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a way to view most recently accessed Contact records?

Copper Contributor

That's for reusing a preivous Lookup.

If I view Contact #1, #10,# 50 then clock Lookup>Previous those Contacts aren't listed. Instead it lists the last lookups I did.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Platinum Super Contributor

All versions of Act! have the Lookup > Previous option.  Only the Act! for Financial Professionals contains a function called 'Contact Recorder' which allows you to record individual contacts to a list for later reference.

You may want to submit this as a feature request in the Ideas Forum within the Online Community.  It can be accessed here: Share Your Ideas.  Once submitted other members can give Kudos and comment on the request.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I do a lookup like "Company starts with VAMC" and "Last name starts with Ni" and them from the list I choose someone.

When I click Lookup>Previous it shows me the previous *filters* (lookups) not who I actually clicked on.

Bronze Contributor

That's correct - it doesn't know that you clicked on a specific contact.  The lookup previous is the (up to) last 9 lookups that you did. Further clikcing on one of the results is not a 'lookup.'   If you had done your lookup in such a way as to get to the specific person, then they would be in the Lookup Previous.  For example, if you're trying to get to Joseph Smith, looking up last name SMI wouldn't be very effective on the Lookup Previous, but if you had looked up Joseph Smith and it returned ONE RECORD, then you would be able to use the Lookup Previous to get back to Joseph Smith.
Signature