Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to use iCal with ACT?

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to use iCal with ACT?

I have 4 kids and all 4 are in multiple sports at the same time. Each new season I have literally hundreds of activities that I need to have on my calendar. Needless to say this is not a lot of fun to deal with. In the past I have converted the schedules into an excel worksheet and imported it into ACT using a 3rd party import software. I can do this again, but it is still a big job as each team has their schedule in a different format and they all need to be converted into a format that ACT is going to recognize etc.

I have noticed that almost all of them have a link to the teams calendar that is on the Association or Club website. The link says something like "Click here for an iCal feed address which can be used with Google Calendar". I have never tried this before this season, but I just got an android phone and now that I have a gmail account I thought I would try it. I did and it works really well. The only problem is that I would much rather have everything in one place and I am certainly not going to give up ACT for google calendar. Another problem with doing it my way is that it is a 1 time import and any time changes that are made to the team's schedule then need to be manually changed on my end. With the iCal feed and Google calendar they are automatically synced when the team manager makes a change. Again another big time saver.

I would think that it would be possible to import this feed into my ACT calendar just like they do into the Google Calendar. I can't be the only one out there that is dealing with this same situation. Is there a way to import this iCal feed into ACT?

Thanks,

Alan

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author epalanb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author epalanb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor
Astute Commentator

Re: Is there a way to use iCal with ACT?

Thanks Mike.

I think I have it figured out.

Copper Contributor

Re: Is there a way to use iCal with ACT?

Is there away to import ical with out going through outlook.
It looks as though it only works with invites.

I imported ical into outlook,which worked fine, but none of the appointments will sync with Act 2011
Tom David Moxam